– Can you please introduce yourself in a few words.
My name is Steve and I have worked in coffee for over 20 years.
– What’s your story in the coffee industry?
I have worked in most of the supply chain of coffee: farming, milling, exporting, importing, financing, auctions and a roasting company.
– When was Pulley Collective created and what is the story behind?
I created Pulley in 2012 to help people start roasting coffee in a quicker less expensive way.
– What’s your specialty and what makes you different?
I have held a position in most of the supply chain.
– What was your first coffee experience?
My first memory in coffee is being with my grandfather when I was 4 and him letting me play in the pergamino piles in the mill. I would come home all dusty and itchy. It was fun.
– How/when have you discovered about specialty coffee?
I was born into the coffee industry. My mothers family where farmers and my fathers family were farmers.
– What was your best coffee experience?
No one experience is defining, Trying to connect all the dots is a much more eye opening experience.
– Do you prepare coffee at home ? If yes, what method do you use?
I do, Chemex is my favorite.
– How do you like your coffee? Black, sugar and milk, iced, vietnamese style,…?
I like pumpkin iced lattes – just kidding. Black coffee
– How would you qualify yourself as coffee drinker (occasional, heavy, addict…)?
If you don’t count cupping coffee, one or two cups a day.
– Have you always been into the coffee industry? If not, what was your previous job?
Yes, but I have held many positions within the industry. There is something to learn from each one.
– Do you have another passion or a hobby besides coffee?
– What other place would you recommend, anywhere in the world (coffee or not)?
Every place has something special about it. Depends what your looking for.
– What is/are your favorite website(s) to get information about coffee?
I prefer to talk to people and try things myself.
– What would you say to people who don’t know much about coffee?
Enjoy it how you like it.