– Can you please introduce yourself in a few words.
My name is Israel, I’m an artist living in New York.
– Have you ever been in contact with the coffee industry?
Yes, a while ago I used to work at Stumptown in Portland, Oregon. I worked in the roastery carrying heavy bags of beans around.
– How would you qualify yourself as coffee drinker (occasional, heavy, addict…)?
I’m a heavy coffee drinker. I drink at least two large containers of coffee a day.
– Do you prepare coffee at home ?
I don’t usually prepare coffee at home, I prefer to interact with someone at a coffee shop or a bodega.
– What was your first coffee experience?
I can’t remember my first coffee experience, but I used to not like coffee and I used latte’s as a way of acquiring a taste for it. Latte’s were my coffee training wheels.
– What place in the world would you recommend for coffee?
Stay Fresh or Mr. Kiwi, bodegas in Bushwick, Brooklyn.