– Can you please introduce yourself in a few words.
Alex – A black coffee ambassador.
– What’s your story in the coffee industry?
I was unemployed and seeking a job, any job in Kyiv. I was invited for a job interview at the distributor of Illy. It was my first job interview in Kiev. I’m in the coffee industry since 2003.
– When did Coffee Management start and what is the story behind?
Coffee Management was established in 2014 as a coffee roasting & consulting company. We focus on coffee shop retail business and coffee roasting.
– What’s your specialty and what makes you different?
Team. Team. Team.
– What was your first coffee experience?
It was instant coffee in Soviet Union.
– How/when have you discovered about specialty coffee?
At my first coffee competition I met specialty coffee gurus like Tim Wendelboe and Alf Cramer. It blew my mind and I instantly fell in love with specialty coffee.
– What was your best coffee experience?
– Do you prepare coffee at home ? If yes, what method do you use?
Yes, we do. We love drinking coffee at home. We use one of the oldest method in the world ‘pouring boiled water over ground coffee’. We don’t use any coffee device like pourover or aeropress at home.
– How do you like your coffee? Black, sugar and milk, iced, vietnamese style,…?
I like to drink my coffee black. No sugar no milk. Black coffee brewed in different styles, through various devices.
– How would you qualify yourself as coffee drinker (occasional, heavy, addict…)?
– Have you always been into the coffee industry? If not, what was your previous job?
I’ve always been into the coffee industry.
– Do you have another passion or a hobby besides coffee?
My other passion is football.
– What other place would you recommend, anywhere in the world (coffee or not)?
I recommend to visit my homeland, visit Ukraine.
– What is/are your favorite website(s) to get information about coffee?
– What would you say to people who don’t know much about coffee?
Start drinking coffee to understand the incredible and vast world it is.