– Can you please introduce yourself in a few words.
Hi, I’m Danylo Shlapak, 24 years old, born and live in L’viv Ukraine, I’m owner and coffee roaster at Chehovych.
– What’s your story in the coffee industry?
I`m pretty new in the coffee industry, I`m roasting for two years but already a lot of people love my coffee and I’m really happy 🙂 my first client was my brother and his 9 coffee shops 🙂
– When did Chehovych Coffee open and what is the story behind?
Chehovych opened on the 3rd March of 2015. The story behind it is simple: I wanted to open a roastery and a coffee bar because I figured out it would be the best place for my coffee beans.
– What’s your specialty and what makes you different?
I have my own roasting style. I try to bring out the maximum taste from the green beans, and I do my best to have it sweet as well.
– What was your first coffee experience?
I’ve got acquainted with coffee when my brother opened his first coffee shop.
– What was your best coffee experience?
My best coffee experience was when I learned about how to roast coffee, at « Coffee Proficiency ».
– Do you prepare coffee at home ? If yes, what method do you use?
In general I drink coffee in Chehovych but when I’m at home I enjoy a Chemex.
– How do you like your coffee? Black, sugar and milk, iced, vietnamese style,…?
Chemex, espresso, flat white and nitro cold brew are the best for me.
– How would you qualify yourself as coffee drinker (occasional, heavy, addict…)?
Heavily addicted:) now I can’t imagine my life or even a day without coffee. 3 flatwhites, 2 espressos, 6 cups of Chemex… it’s not a lot for me.
– Have you always been into the coffee industry? If not, what was your previous job?
Coffee is my first job after university
– Do you have another passion or a hobby besides coffee?
Yes, I play drums.
– What other place would you recommend, anywhere in the world (coffee or not)?
Berlin, there are a lot of specialty coffee shops.
– What is/are your favorite website(s) to get information about coffee?
– What would you say to people who don’t know much about coffee?
Drink good coffee and you’ll be happier 😉