– Can you please introduce yourself in a few words.
My name is Ali Yousefi, I’m 25 years old. Chiefly occupied by coffee affairs in different aspects 😀
– What’s your story in the coffee industry?
Before I got into coffee industry I had been dreaming about having a coffee bar in the countryside with my family. I was in the middle of my studies in nuclear engineering and had a part time job as junior of marketing in a start up company (it was boring BTW) in summer. Once when I was hanging out in a coffee bar and waiting for my frappe (don’t judge me, it was summer and I was a junior marketing guy) I found myself interested in the atmosphere of coffee bar and I just asked if they are in need of any trainee and the story got started. (J.K. Rowling, right?) 😀
– What’s your specialty and what makes you different?
Maybe the endeavor of finding multidimensional perspective to solve the puzzles I’ve made. (Geek, not weirdo)
– What was your first coffee experience?
I remember it was a arabic coffee brewed with spices when I was child, we were on a trip to Iraq with family.
– How/when have you discovered about specialty coffee?
After a month of working in the bar I realised that there are lots of things I should learn and I started reading articles and books about coffee. It was an article about cupping protocols translated to Farsi and that was the first time.
– What was your best coffee experience?
Ongoing process, can’t mention any.
– Do you prepare coffee at home ? If yes, what method do you use?
Yes, V60 and Aeropress.
– How do you like your coffee? Black, sugar and milk, iced, vietnamese style,…?
– How would you qualify yourself as coffee drinker (occasional, heavy, addict…)?
Sometimes occasional, sometimes heavy.
– Have you always been into the coffee industry? If not, what was your previous job?
I had worked in different places before I started my journey in coffee industry but I was not as serious as I am in coffee industry.
– Do you have another passion or a hobby besides coffee?
Physics, photography (want to learn) and music.
– What is/are your favorite website(s) to get information about coffee?
Perfect Daily Grind, Coffee mind, Barista Hustle and …..
– What would you say to people who don’t know much about coffee?
It is a big deal, mind your cup.