– Can you please introduce yourself in a few words.
A blond brewing barista.
– What’s your story in the coffee industry?
8 years ago I fell in love with a barista, at that moment I was already working with flavors. This guy introduced me to the wonderful world of coffee.
– What’s your specialty and what makes you different?
I hope my style of work makes me different, also working for a broad spectrum of clients and trying to keep up with their expectations.
– What was your first coffee experience?
My parents coffee, I guess when I was around 5 years old they gave me a taste of « De Rode Pelikaan ». It was horrible.
– What was your best coffee experience?
My WOW!!!- moment was in London, Espresso Room, 2010. It was a Square Mile Guatamala, and it was perfect, it tasted just like a Werthers toffee, I never knew an espresso could taste this good.
– Do you prepare coffee at home ? If yes, what method do you use?
At home I prefer to use an Espropress, easy peasy. Next to it Kalita or Aeropress.
– How do you like your coffee? Black, sugar and milk, iced, vietnamese style,…?
I prefer it black. Sometimes, only if well made, a milky drink, but no latte’s please.
– How would you qualify yourself as coffee drinker (occasional, heavy, addict…)?
On the heavy side. I try to drink less, but I taste a lot, all through the day, this can add up on a busy day.
If I’m on a coffee trip, I drink a lot.
– Have you always been into the coffee industry? If not, what was your previous job?
My last 2 jobs were in the coffee industry, before that restaurants and hotels. I love the hospitality industry!
– Do you have another passion or a hobby besides coffee?
Disco rollerskating, I preform with Blades on Vinyl. And food.
– What other place would you recommend, anywhere in the world (coffee or not)?
The Superette, best bread in the world and tasty coffees!
– What is/are your favorite website(s) to get information about coffee?
Sprudge, Barista Hustle, de Koffiejuf, KTC (Koffie, Thee & Cacao)
– What would you say to people who don’t know much about coffee?
Taste, taste, taste, different places, let the barista recommend you something and DO NOT USE SUGAR!